Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I'll follow you into the dark."

September 25, 2013
5 months 23 days
 
It's been over an hour.  Just over one hour ago my smiling baby girl went into open heart surgery.  I knew it would be hard, the hardest thing I've had to do but I was not prepared for how heart wrenching it would. How completely helpless and sick and empty I would feel. Watching a nurse I had met only moments before take my baby away was horribly indescribable. I had teared up a few times and had moments of tears, especially the last few days, but the way I reacted was not crying or weeping or even sobbing. It was a spontaneous overwhelming of pure uncontrollable emotion. I fell into Jonathan's arms hoping to wake up from a bad dream. I didn't even know what to do. It took me a long time to collect myself. 
 
We just got a call from the OR nurse....pre-surgery stuff (anesthesia and IV's are all in) and they are beginning the actual surgery. 
 
You all are absolute gems. How were we so blessed to have friends and family who are TRULY there for Brynn, Jonathan and I. Even facebook friends that we haven't seen in ages have been so supportive. We haven't been able to stop talking about the abundance of love and outpouring of prayers our perfect little girl has been getting. Definition of awesome. Saying thank you seems so lacking. So I'll steal Jonathan's line from our wedding
 
             "Thank you.....from the bottom of our hearts."
 
  Peace, love and gummy smiles
~Brynn Laree~


"I'll follow you into the dark."
Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment